Sarah Ellis Coaching works withFIND OUT MORE
the mission to help as many people
as possible have a successful
career that they love, are fulfilled
by and is in alignment with a happy
and balanced life.
Would you like to gift a friend orFIND OUT MORE
family member support in finding
their next new role?
I have a range of gift vouchers or
carefully selected Sarah Ellis Coaching
products, that will be not only a
thoughtful and original present
but could help someone you love
find their dream job.
Sarah was fantastic! She has a unique ability to make people feel very comfortable around her and trust her quickly… Her coaching was the start of my new journey into a leadership position and she provided me with the foundation for growth and success.Assistant Director at Big 4 Accountancy Firm - Coaching Client
Sarah worked with me on my first C.V. for almost twenty years and I appreciate all that she did for me. Sarah’s efforts contributed significantly to the success of me being offered my current position.Microbiology Technician - C.V. Client.
Sarah really helped me break down some core components from being on the other side of the interview desk...I was able to put what we discussed into practice and one interview later, I have a brand new job.Education Professional - Interview Preparation Client
As I was building my online presence in Singapore...Sarah completed an in-depth workshop with me, answered all my questions and produced my final profile. Sarah's warm and systematic communication enabled me to learn about this platform but also utilise it in a manner that I was confident with.Physiotherapy Practice Owner - LinkedIn Client
I attended the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama where I completed a degree in Drama, Applied Theatre and Education. On this unique undergraduate programme, I studied how theatre can be created and used to lead change within a range of communities and transform the lives of those within them.
Over the three years, I was fortunate enough to create and lead educational and transformative projects in schools and adult learning centres, and work with pioneers in the fields of both education and corporate world.
Upon leaving university I spent a number of years working in the film and television industry, firstly in front of the camera for a short while and then behind the camera, eventually moving into the corporate departments.
After deciding on a career change, I moved into employee focused roles working in the HR departments of large global organisations in recruitment, learning and development and people data analysis. I was incredibly fortunate in being able to gain priceless experience in these areas within companies that are both iconic and leaders in their industries.
It was whilst working in these people focused roles that I began to notice how much I loved seeing individuals develop and progress in their careers and I recognised an ability to identify when someone was not happy, often leading to under performance, disengagement and even poor health. I wanted to listen and question, to explore what they really desired from their careers and where they hoped to be. I wanted to draw out their strengths and help them figure out how to use them with impact. This is when I realised that becoming a professional Coach was the natural next step for me. And I’ve never looked back.
The career advice I was given as I was growing up was to find a career that I truly loved and, as I would be working for a long time, that would continue to make me happy throughout the years. Easy advice to give. Definitely not easy in practice.
Before I discovered my love for Coaching, for years I struggled to find a career that engaged me and that I was excited about. I jumped from job to job, not feeling positively challenged, and when I was promoted I felt stressed, with no connection to what I was doing for 9 hours a day. Naturally this began to impact my personal life. I never wanted to talk about my job or projects I was working on, and when I did it was to complain. I was a very negative person which wasn’t great for those close to me.
I see this in a lot of people. Whether they are at the beginning of their careers, ten years in or even a few years from retirement, a career that leaves them feeling deflated, stressed and lacking in purpose affects the other areas of their life. It can affect their health, the quality of time they spend with their families, how they interact with their partners and friends, how they are viewed by colleagues, senior management and their clients… the list goes on. It’s not ‘just a job’. It’s a large portion of your life that can impact all aspects of your world.
This is why I decided to set up my business as a Professional and Personal Development Coach, so I could help as many people as possible have a career they love that positively feeds into creating a life they love.
- I work one to one with my clients in a confidential, trusting and non-judgmental environment.
- I use a series of questioning and deep/’Global’ listening.
- I provide objective and non-judgmental observations to raise my clients’ self-awareness.
- I use carefully designed exercises where necessary to provoke ‘out of the box’ thinking and create shifts in perspective.
- I challenge discrepancies between what my clients say and what they do/do not do.
- I elicit client driven strategies and specific actions plans with realistic yet challenging deadlines, moving clients from their comfort zones into their stretch zones.
Together with my clients we:
- Explore and challenge limiting beliefs that could be holding you back from achieving your goals.
- Examine and clarify ultimate goals/desires, elevating awareness of whether they are in alignment with core values.
- Evaluate the impact of a goal/s successes on clients’ lives, building motivation and drive.
- Determine all potential obstacles, internal and external, that may prevent moving forward and the successful completion of action plans.
WHY WOULD YOU WORK WITH ME?
- You have a successful career but feel unfulfilled and are in search of a better balance.
- You want to manage your time more effectively in the workplace and in your personal life to overcome exhaustion and frustration.
- You have been working for some time (whether that be years or decades) and want to change career.
- You are in the right profession but feel stuck at your current level – you want to take the next step but you are struggling to get there.
- You have your own business, following your passion, but can’t seem to achieve the results you want.
- You want to start your own business but don’t know where to start and feel overwhelmed.
- You have been away from the world of work for some time, for example to raise a family, and want to get back on to the career ladder.
The above are by no means the only challenges I work with clients on. If you want to find out whether I can help you with your own particular challenge/goal do get in touch so we can talk.
One to One Coaching Services
I offer blocks of 6, 9 or 12 sessions with rolling and bespoke package options available.
After a free initial consultation with me in which we shall talk about your goals, current situation, challenges and what package would be suitable, should you decide to work with me I will run an intake session with you.
This will involve:
- An in depth discussion about how the coaching process will work.
- We will make agreements on the frequency of the sessions and how they will take place e.g. Skype.
- We will discuss expectations of me as a coach and of you as a client e.g. what will happen if I feel at any point we need to cease the sessions, or what you need to do if you need to cancel or re-arrange a session.
- A further review of your desired outcomes and I will assign some reflective pre-work if I feel this will support the coaching sessions.
- You will have opportunities throughout to ask any questions you may have.
We shall then begin our coaching sessions.
Corporate & Team Coaching Services
In today’s competitive market, attracting and retaining top talent is key to maintaining a successful business. However, with a host of factors impacting employees, from: feeling valued and content in the workplace; to understanding the businesses goals and their part in achieving them, to trusting the leadership team – if left unchecked, any one of these could have serious repercussions for the overall success of a business and its ability to succeed.
This is why, alongside my one to one coaching packages, I work with senior leaders, managers and team members on:
- Departmental and individual goal setting – for start ups, businesses taking a new direction and facing new challenges, and for those entering a new business year post year end performance reviews.
- Developing the collective skills of new or under performing teams.
- Coaching leaders and teams through organisational change – overcoming resistance, supporting well being through uncertain times and building motivation and new competencies required to drive the business into a new era.
- Coaching through conflicts within or across teams – increasing morale, reducing costly employee turnover and improving quality and quantity of work.
- Career Management – developing career goals, career path design, and influential relationship management.
- Leadership Coaching – building relationship and rapport skills, creating balance and avoiding personal burnout, adopting coaching skills to empower teams, increasing pro-activity over reactivity, and conducting effective workplace meetings.
Bespoke packages are offered for each area, with the option to book as an individual programme or as mix and match packages depending on your organisation’s needs. If you would like to discuss my work in Corporate and Team Coaching further, you can get in contact here.
As the popularity of the coaching profession has increased over recent years, it has been portrayed in perhaps misleading ways, often by the media.
This has led to some common misconceptions about coaching which may be holding you back when considering investing in a coach and means that, naturally, I get asked a lot of questions about the industry and what I do. I have compiled some of the most Frequently Asked Questions that I get asked and my answers:
This is a very common question and one that I feel is extremely important to provide clarity on. The International Coaching Federation defines the difference between therapy and coaching as follows:
‘Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual’s emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one’s work or personal life. The emphases in a coaching relationship are on action, accountability, and follow through.’ – www.coachfederation.org
My clients’ well-being is of utmost importance to me so if, after our initial consultation or after some time working together, it becomes apparent that there are underlying mental health issues and/or your emotional well-being is at stake it is my ethical responsibility to cease the coaching sessions. Together we will explore what the best next steps for you are until you are ready to continue working with me.
Yes, it is correct that currently you do not need any professional training to become a coach. However, as coaching is becoming increasingly viewed as a valuable and impactful service by individuals and in the corporate world, the requirement to be abreast of current practices, ethics and theory is as important as ever. I made the personal choice to formalise my skills and train for a qualification at The Coaching Academy. My qualification has been accredited by the International Coach Federation (the leading global organisation for coaches) who have defined core competencies and standards of knowledge, skill and practice in the coaching profession. I have been assessed and mentored by some of the leaders in the field and have been identified as possessing the credentials required to be a highly effective and ethical Coach, with a strong commitment to my continual professional development.
If coaching is not a regulated profession, how can I be sure my Coach will work ethically and professionally?
It is true that coaching is not a regulated profession (yet). As an individual or company who is making the big decision to hire a Coach, it is very important that you conduct research into not only what type of Coach you want but their standards of ethics and professional conduct. After all, when investing in a Coach you should be treated with the same level of respect and professionalism that you would expect when hiring a lawyer or accountant for example. The best way of finding out this information is to simply ask the Coach and request documentation. I have chosen to work by the ICF’s established Code of Ethics and I am happy to provide a copy of my Code of Ethics when requested. I also include this with my coaching contract when beginning my professional relationship with a new client.
No. Coaches are not consultants. I work in partnership with my clients but would never assume that anyone but my client is the expert of their own world. I believe my clients have the knowledge and skill required to achieve their desired outcomes but that these are often untapped or blocked by limiting beliefs and the obstacles that modern life presents. My role as a Coach is to question and challenge my clients, encourage self-discovery, draw out their strengths and explore how to leverage them, and elicit client generated action plans and strategies to create maximum impact. As my client you will be accountable for taking action and the ultimate sense of achievement will be all yours!
I live in an area which is quite remote and I do not have easy access to quality coaches/I can’t travel in to London regularly to see you. What are the options?
I do not see location as an obstacle at all. I want my clients to be able to access me from wherever they may be in the country, or even the world. I regularly coach via Skype which means you save time and money by not having to leave the comfort of your home or office. All you need is an internet connection!
I usually see my clients once every two weeks (frequency will be discussed and agreed during the Intake session) and generally the sessions will not exceed 1 hour – as the sessions are highly focused, exceeding an hour can mean energy and focus levels drop, reducing the effectiveness of the session. I work in partnership with my clients to create action plans with challenging but realistic set deadlines. I never want my clients to feel stressed out or like they are losing out on spending precious time with their families for example, so your current commitments will always be factored in to create the highest possible chance of success. And if you are exhausted and pushed into your panic zone you aren’t going to enjoy the journey towards achieving your goals! Ultimately though, to accomplish your desired outcomes you will need to be prepared to devote time and energy to make real changes!
If you would like to hear more about my services and to book a free initial consultation you can contact me via email or telephone or by filling in the quick and easy enquiry form.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Telephone +44(0)7817 167 114